Arizona Sex Crimes include realistic lengthy prison sentences and/or life-long probation and sex offender registration requirements. Indeed, the county attorney prosecutes these offenses zealously, and the victim’s age and allegations dictate the outcome.
Sex Crimes Commonly Charged in Arizona
The most commonly charged sex offenses in Arizona are:
- Indecent Exposure pursuant to A.R.S. §13-1402
- Public Sexual Indecency pursuant to A.R.S. §13-1403
- Sexual Abuse pursuant to A.R.S. §13-1404
- Sexual Conduct with a Minor pursuant to A.R.S. §13-1405
- Sexual Assault pursuant to A.R.S. §13-1406
- Molestation of a Child pursuant to A.R.S. §13-1410
- Sexual Exploitation of a Minor pursuant to A.R.S. §13-3553
- Luring a Minor for Sexual Exploitation pursuant to A.R.S. §13-3554
Indeed, seasoned detectives investigate these crimes. Specifically, these investigations rely on victim/witness statements, sexual assault nurse examiner investigations(sometimes), medical records, if any, cell phone records, confrontation calls, and any statements made by a suspect. Also, a Domestic Violence designation may be added to Sexual Assault, or “any act that is a Dangerous Crime Against Children” (DCAC) per A.R.S. §13-705. Indeed, all of the above-listed sex crimes are DCAC offenses.
Choose Huss Law
Jeremy L. Huss has spent many years handling Arizona sex crimes. Specifically, he spent several years in the prosecutor’s office working side by side with law enforcement and guiding sex crimes investigations. Certainly, he is knowledgeable in how these cases are investigated by law enforcement and prosecuted by the State. Mr. Huss is familiar with the research experts testify to in the area of sex offenses, as well as the inherent difficulties the State has in the prosecution of these cases. Mr. Huss’ trial experience and lengthy time spent in the prosecutor’s office places him in a unique position to effectively defend any sex crime in Arizona.